yo fags :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

yo fags :)

Post by utEro on Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:32 am

is there a way to set your shit to 1920x1080?

utEro
GOD
GOD

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-06-11

View user profile http://te666.withme.us

Back to top Go down

Re: yo fags :)

Post by Roumich on Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi Utero,

I hope your sex addiction terapy did work well for you..
Mine is due for next week.

For the alcohol , they said is hopeless..

here is a practical config for your problem of resolution:

Create a shortcut to ET.exe . Right Click on the shortcut and click properties, On the Shortcut TAB, Edit the "Target:" field to look like the following code.

This is for running 1920x1080 with a field of view of 115 degrees.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" +r_mode "-1" +r_customwidth "1920" +r_customheight "1080" +cg_fov "115" +set com_hunkmegs "256" +vid_restart

just double check what is already the target of shortcut..it may not be : C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe"

if it is different, just had the command to the existing target.

cya on the game.

Admin

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by afrikakorps on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:39 pm

how can the hunkmegs affect fps? I remmeber that with my old video card I used to get kicked in fuel dump summer cause of not enough hunkmegs, but now that I have my new pc I dont have probs except for the casual fps I get in certain parts of maps. As far as I know hunkmegs is the amount of memomery u allow for the game, but can this seriuosly affect fps?

afrikakorps

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roumich on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:55 pm

192 hunk Megs is all ET will use, even if you set it higher.

The Zone and Sound Meg values are both subtracted out of the Hunk Megs, not added to it.

Not surpassing 3/4ths of total memory is easy to figure, 192 is the most memory that ET requires, or will use.

There fore, on a system with 256 Mb of Ram, 192 Hunk Megs, is 3/4ths of the 256.

Systems with more memory would still use 192 Hunk, so on to Sound and zone.

You can use the meminfo command to see the Hunk and Zone usage in the ET console, but Zone is latched, and will only show 24 is used.

If you change this setting in a config file, it will not get changed because the zone Megs are loaded before any config files are run.

To get around this, you can create a short cut, and then add a set command to load the Zone Megs, and Hunk, and Sound as well.

Default settings for Zone and Sound are 24 Megs each, and ET will run with these settings, but those settings were designed for the small RAM of early computers.

The Sound Megs default was set at 24 Mb, and it will work, because ET will remove and reload as needed, but it's not the best for performance.

To check the sound Megs use the s_info command, and I have found that the best setting for ET Sound Megs, is to set it on about 48 sound Megs, if you use the 22 MHz setting.

We subtract 48 from 192, and that leaves 144 Mb.

how can the hunkmegs affect fps? I remmeber that with my old video card I used to get kicked in fuel dump summer cause of not enough hunkmegs

The Zone is loading Map texture, etc, the higher the quality of graphic settings you use, the more Zone Megs, ET will require.
Therefore you may have fps issue due to the lake of hunkmegs(zonemegs substracted from it)

Damn, need a aspirin...don' t you?

ok, i go for a beer.

Source: Billdoes

Cya on the game

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by utEro on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:38 am

Thank you, my beloved Roumich. Smile

utEro
GOD
GOD

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-06-11

View user profile http://te666.withme.us

Back to top Go down

Post by Z3RO on Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:42 pm

you can use how many hunkmegs you want in et remi its not limited in 192 but 192 is more then necessary to run it, the problems of hunk/sound/zone megs is they need to be set in the command line (shortcut) or they will never been used when you ply will be latched and not really used, some maps in different mods (others them etpro) sometimes cause problems when they are been loaded because of the num too high of sound files or by textures so i really recommend you increase the hunk/zone/sound megs to the values like remi said, but i personaly use a little bit higher them the remi wrote, and it loads the maps in less then 3 seconds, my shortcut like that
"F:\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory 260b\ET.exe" +set com_hunkmegs 736 +set com_maxfps 125 +set com_crashed 0 +set com_zonemegs 128 +set com_soundmegs 64 +set com_ignorecrash 1 +set fs_game etpro

This will ignore crashes if that happens and will set direct the game to load etpro instead etmain, will adjust the mem usage for textures at 128 and for sounds at 64.

Source: My fucked old brain Sad

Regards,
Rod.
Z3RO
Admin

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roumich on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:05 pm

indeed rod..but the game itself won t take more than that...definitly not...

hasn t been made to take more.

the default is 54 without the sound...we can increase it...but no way to give 256 or more...won t change.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Z3RO on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:35 pm

you may have read in somewhere about not use more them 192 or 256 because its a very old post made in 2003/2004 when the game was released and suposing the computers at this time comes with no more them 1gb (most of the comps 512/256) its normal read about use 192 or 256 because if you set more them that at this time you got a comp crash due to not left more mem for run OS.
Z3RO
Admin

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roumich on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:08 pm

lol ok...

are you saying i am old?

Very Happy

curse you...i shut up then!