Question about the rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about the rules

Post by Hate on Fri May 29, 2009 3:56 am

Hi!

You have this rule about selfkilling. I agree, that selfkilling in fight shouldnt be allowed because its lame to deny a kill and xp from your opponent, but why cant you selfkill to change class for example? Because, I think its a bit ridiculous that when you are lets say a medic, and you are in your own spawn, then you notice your team would rather need an engineer than a medic, how am I supposed to change class if Im being called a rulebreaker for selfkilling to do so? Somebody once told me to nade myself, but thats just stupid in my opinion, Im not gonna nade myself just to change class ><. Id like to hear your opinion about this, because Im just really bothered by that.

Of course, its a bit hard to say if a person was selfkilling out of fight or not unless you happened to be there when he did it, but Im sure ppl will start complaining if someone constantly selfkills in fight just before he is about to die. Id suggest you to change the rule to "No selfkilling in fight", like in most other servers, because I doupt anyone even follows this rule 100%.

You will probably give me the same answer Ive heard before, but its worth trying Smile

Hate

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-05-23

View user profile http://www.aod-clan.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about the rules

Post by Puaj on Fri May 29, 2009 3:06 pm

Well, it its kind of imposibble for an admin to know when the self kill is on battel or not. I mean u just have thin XXXX selfkilled, u cant ne specing some1 all the time, so no1 can assure if it was on battle or not.. IMO its better not to allow it, easy an fair for every1. If un want to chang clases just nade urself...lol it allways work Very Happy and its kinda fun!

Cheer!

Puaj
Clan Member

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2007-07-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hate on Fri May 29, 2009 5:59 pm

Well, dont you think its a bit suspicious if you see the same players selfkilling every 2 minutes? One single "somebody selfkilled" once per map isntead, doesnt stand out as much. So, its not rly that hard to tell if someone is selfkilling in fight or not.

Besides, there is only a handful of people who do that, DA Bilon is one for example. There wont be much randoms appearing from nowhere to break the rules, its always the same players.

And about nading yourself, what if you are about to spawn in 3 seconds, do you still nade your self and end up waiting another 30 seconds for respawn, and in that time the enemy might already finish the objective because of the lack of engineers in your team?

Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hate on Sat May 30, 2009 3:40 pm

Is Puaj the only one with an opinion around here?

Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by thefatcontroller on Sat May 30, 2009 7:58 pm

well if you really must know, normally im quite easy on selfkill as long as its not to often, its not in battle and there are no complaints i will let it go. but if i see ppl doing it all the time and get complaints that person will be kicked[/u]

thefatcontroller
Senior Clan Member

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hate on Sun May 31, 2009 3:29 pm

Well thats exactly what I mean, it shouldnt be so strict rule because those lame in-fight selfkillers will do it dispite the rule, so its kinda pointless to prohibit it completely. If other players complain about someone, you kick him obviously, not annoy some reqular players with the rule all the time. I just find it annoying when a member keeps whining to me about it even tho I was just trying to play fair and help my team, nothing wrong with that.

But of course, there are some idiots who try to get players kicked by making up lies, such as this DA Dark Angel guy. Last time when I was engi, I killed him almost every time so I guess he got annoyed and started spamming in public chat that "Hate spawnkills, nade in spawn" even tho I was like in the other side of the map when I killed him. I didnt even step to their spawn yard during the whole game. Luckilly TE666 guys were smart enough to see that I wasnt breaking the rules and this guy was just trying to get me kicked for his own fun... Pathetic bastards I say Razz

Btw, Im just curious, are you like some sort of semi admin or what?

Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by thefatcontroller on Sun May 31, 2009 3:42 pm

dark has been doing that a lot lately but rest assured i dont kick on player say so's only if i see rulebreaking personally which might mean ppl have to wait a while to get someone kicked. and btw im full admin

thefatcontroller
Senior Clan Member

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Puaj on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:17 pm

If its only one or two selfkillings u wont get kicked.. I mean, sometimes u can do it by mistake (coz of a bind), or like u've said, to change classes, and its ok.. Im also a full admin and I dont kick ppl for killing themselves once or twice.. Very Happy

Puaj
Clan Member

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2007-07-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Durex on Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:19 pm

No selfkill is no selfkill for me :/ It can decide about wining/loosing map. Beside noone will read and check why did some1 selfkill. No means no ;P Duralex sed lex ! Wink or just Durex
Durex
Clan Member

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-10-01

View user profile http://www.bemol.vlo.elblag.pl

Back to top Go down

Post by Hate on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:06 pm

Omg, if you nade yourself, its also a selfkill. It even reads on console that you selfkilled, just with a grenade not with knife. So its allowed to selfkill with any other weapon than the standart slashkill with knife? Sounds a bit odd to me.

Its like saying you cant use pliers for building, because they are faster than your plain hands.

Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by ocelot on Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:10 pm

I agree with Puaj, but see your point Hate. However, look at it this way:

There isn't a strict line between being in battle and being out of battle. For example, a sneaky bastard who knows he cant win a battle can run around a corner, wait for a second and selfkill before the other guy catches him and shoots. This can be claimed as "not in battle" but most people would say it is in battle. Another example is if someone knows thats a sniper is likely to kill them soon, they can selfkill and claim not to know that they were about to be shot. In fact this would be a particular problem for snipers cos after shooting someone and knocking off most of their health, that person could easily hide for 10 seconds then selfkill to regain full health in spawn. As TE666 is a busy server, alot of the time when there is an argument about whether someone is in battle or not when they selfkilled, it cannot be solved. Using your example of being a medic with 3 seconds left to spawn and wanting to change class to engineer lets say you do selfkill. But while your finger is moving and pressing the selfkill button, an enemy sees you and starts to shoot, knocking off most of your health. When the enemy sees you disappear and "Hate killed himself" appears, many people would see this as selfkill in battle cos you knew you were about to die. In this case it wasnt supposedly to be a cowardly selfkill, but you see my point...there will always be confusion over whether someone is in battle or not.

Thats why it is easier to say no selfkill at anytime because that way it is fair for everyone. Even if it does take a little longer to kill yourself with a grenade or satchel or you can't change class to save the map...its just a game

ocelot
Talks like a woman
Talks like a woman

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2007-12-12

View user profile http://www.rossjones.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hate on Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:40 am

Yea, but people are still going to break the rule. Even now they are doing it by selfkilling in fight using a satchel or grenade. In many cases when I was attacking a sniper in battery, they quickly take out satchel and blow themselves up, because its almost as quick as selfkilling with /kill. Its as if they thought it was unfair that I attacked them while they were lying down helpless on the ground, but they are snipers for god sake so its kinda stupid from them to think they have the right to selfkill if someone attacks from behind. You dont see grenade selfkills in fight very often because its slow, but Ive seen that too.

But my point is, no matter what the rule is, anyone who is lame enough to selfkill in fight will do it dispite the rules. If not directly, they will use something to bypass the rule such as this satcheling themselves.

I see that TE666 isnt going to modify their rule one bit, ok I understand, but I just hope that they wont pester every reqular player about selfkilling rule when they know they arent doing it in fight.

Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtparts on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:35 am

Ive been in or around te666 for a good few years now.

And the ammount of times ive seen someone wanting then to change the rules is unbelieveable. Its clan rules set by the clan leader, they are there for a reason, they are not exactly hard rules to follow now are they? So why dont you just follow them, play and be happy.
pvtparts
Total god!
Total god!

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2007-06-12

View user profile http://ilovemen@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by L!es on Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:47 pm

pvtparts wrote:Ive been in or around te666 for a good few years now.

And the ammount of times ive seen someone wanting then to change the rules is unbelieveable. Its clan rules set by the clan leader, they are there for a reason, they are not exactly hard rules to follow now are they? So why dont you just follow them, play and be happy.

uhmmm
without changing, you know, what 2 balls that life ....

L!es

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top