Server ......

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Server ......

Post by L!es on Wed May 20, 2009 3:10 pm

I was joined on your server after alot of time ...... affraid

For me is a really bad surprise see that all player in te666 server have 30 maxpacket. This mean that for you is normal.
I think that 100 maxpackets are good until 100 of ping and you can decrease a 40% if ping is higher without damage the "gameplay" .

Is really ridiculous to see players with 30 maxpackets and a ping of 30, this means only that people have to use tricks to kill someone ..... this is not fairplay .....

My request is to teach your users how it behaves in a manner fair, Do not use low level tricks

chears
L!es

L!es

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Server ......

Post by thefatcontroller on Thu May 21, 2009 2:43 pm

lies dude the 30 maxpackets is the default settings on our server, i have never changed them its just the way they are when we download and install. i dont know the technical side of it but maybe its to do with the patch or mod we use, the most i do to change my setting is adjust the brightness the speed of my mouse, change the target and put hitsounds on. i assure you even with 30 maxpackets i get killed quite alot especially if im allied engy with no back up i can easily record 40+ deaths in a map with double damage taken than i have given out. i think the real problem is this using scripts and mods to increase speed of movement and accuracy.. there the real cheaters

thefatcontroller
Senior Clan Member

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Durex on Thu May 21, 2009 6:23 pm

The main problem last days is that our server got lagged as hell. My FPS arent constant like earlier....
However im off for 3 days guys Smile Gonna be back at Sunday, but very late. So cya on Moday i think.
Durex
Clan Member

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-10-01

View user profile http://www.bemol.vlo.elblag.pl

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtparts on Thu May 21, 2009 8:16 pm

thefatcontroller wrote: i think the real problem is this using scripts and mods to increase speed of movement and accuracy.. there the real cheaters

Sorry but thats not cheating what so ever. Using a script is basically changing your settings, like u said crosshair, mouse speed etc. It just gets more detailed, so its doing what u do in the game only in notepad and loading it instead.
pvtparts
Total god!
Total god!

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2007-06-12

View user profile http://ilovemen@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Puaj on Thu May 21, 2009 8:26 pm

pvtparts wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote: i think the real problem is this using scripts and mods to increase speed of movement and accuracy.. there the real cheaters

Sorry but thats not cheating what so ever. Using a script is basically changing your settings, like u said crosshair, mouse speed etc. It just gets more detailed, so its doing what u do in the game only in notepad and loading it instead.

Mmmm.. kinda true, but u can aldo chang ur fov..and see more than other players.. is not a cheat..just a trick? lolz..
I rather play like it comes.. fair for everyone

Puaj
Clan Member

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2007-07-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Essari on Thu May 21, 2009 9:42 pm

wat? fov changing is not cheating....
just find in google some etconfigs and u can learn to use those scripts also.

Essari

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-06-18

View user profile http://vhr.clangrid.com/main.asp

Back to top Go down

Post by Puaj on Thu May 21, 2009 10:28 pm

Essari wrote:wat? fov changing is not cheating....
just find in google some etconfigs and u can learn to use those scripts also.

Oh oh my gay M8.. I didint say it was cheating! Very Happy tit! I said it was a trick.. i 've even tried it out..but i didint like it Very Happy

Smile

LIER

PS: regards to the nibbo!

Puaj
Clan Member

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2007-07-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thefatcontroller on Fri May 22, 2009 12:32 pm

my point is what i change is what the ingame config allows me to change i dont have to go outside the et control system to change my settings which still in my opinion is cheating and at the least dishonest

thefatcontroller
Senior Clan Member

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L!es on Fri May 22, 2009 11:20 pm

thefatcontroller wrote:my point is what i change is what the ingame config allows me to change i dont have to go outside the et control system to change my settings which still in my opinion is cheating and at the least dishonest

@Puaj : srry but is like all thing, u like to use the radio, i like to know how is builded and how it work, after I will improve it Wink It's trick? yes but increase cfov help you in long distance, but near? I can give you "the turn of chicken" Very Happy , becouse you can't see me .... like all things the better is in the middle Wink

@thefactcontroller:
Sorry but i disagree, maybe becouse i tried the advantage and know how much that help me Wink

We can talk days about what is disonest for you and what for me.....
If u have time get look here, Tweaking vs. Cheating section:
http://www.rtcw.jolt.co.uk/content/enemy_territory/server_guide/cvar_restrictions.html
this explain well what is a trick and what a cheat for me!

If u, or administrator, what to know what could be good and why, can read also this, whit a table of possible maxpackets....
http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Quake3/connection.html

Any way, if u don't like that players use particular config, you can "obbligate" them to use standard setting with your server config, server force the variable.......

@essa: no nothing! I'm drunk lol!

random pic:

L!es

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NiiBer on Sat May 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Im agree with L!es.... I would like to play servers where everyone have same maxpackets/snaps and it wud be 100/40 ofc...

At clanbase they have been forced it that ways, first no one liked it, coz every single player had lag scripts (switching max packets all the time and other shits). But after new CB cfg no one hasnt complained.

Link 4 lag script cfg... doesent work at 2.56 patch and doesent even work at 2.60b anymore.... THANK GOD!

http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=journal&mode=item&id=51769

NiiBer
Talks like a woman
Talks like a woman

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hate on Sun May 31, 2009 3:33 pm

Good old 2.56, nothing works here haha

Hate