popularity crisis!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

popularity crisis!

Post by misterwilton on Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:56 am

Until the last two or three weeks I could log on at any (sensible) greenwich mean time and get a game. I.e. up to two in the morning. But for the last w=two or three weeks this has been only occasionally possible.

Today at about 12.45am GMT, there were three players on the server (1 when I joined) , and this is increasinglly typical. There were other servers like DWk or TWC or whatever they're called - panzerfausting, spawnkiling twats - with 14 or 15 players displaying in the logon screen.

We know its not because they allow panzerfausts or spawn kill. BEcause they always have allowed these things and we still had a server where u could get opponents and a decent game, and they were scraping around for two or three noobs and a bot.

I thinks it's the lag. It has been getting worse and worse and today was insane - every forty seconds to a minute or so, a lag that wound me back into a spawn, back into mines, froze me - whatever. Bad for all concerned, of course - it doesn't favour sides - but it ruins gameplay. And our visitors are dropping.

Yes we have competition - new ET wars etc - but frankly I think ET still, at its best, offers really fluid gameplay that Quake can't compete with. There are stil plenty of people who want to play this game, and our server has always had - until now - the right rules to allow gameplay to happen, but now, thanks to the lag, the rules are irrelevant. the only thing that matters is whether or not you get the right microsecond advantage after the lag releases.

The lag is becoming ludicrous. We need to do something and WE MUST ALL AS A CLAN BE WILLING TO STUMP UP THE CASH TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE! I don't know what needs to be done - but if it costs money, or wastes Marc's time, and there's anytrhing we can do to help solve either problem, then we have to be ready and willing with dosh or whatever.
misterwilton
Clan Member

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2007-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: popularity crisis!

Post by spetsnaz on Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:06 am

If Saibo steps in into this problem by changing server to a better one I will chip in.
spetsnaz
Clan Member

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2007-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKicKer on Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:49 pm

Marc already did 2 things boys. 1. he emailed our hosting SOB ! and 2 he has a backup plan for a UK hosting. as i mentioned b4 lots of us r shipping in - i also know a very good (if not the best)hosting service in afghaCRAPstan. the only glitch is u need to provide the electicity, grow the GDP of that country, kill all Bin Laden, bang all the tribal women in the ass (and they grow their ass hair) asphalt all the roads, dig for water and VOILA! u got urself the best server for FREE. doable?
TheKicKer
Total god!
Total god!

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2007-07-28

View user profile http://www.i-buzz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misterwilton on Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:06 pm

only if your name is john rambo.

and it isnt.
misterwilton
Clan Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Puaj on Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:58 pm

I think server will be full again ass soon as the lag problem its solve!

;D
Puaj
Clan Member

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2007-07-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duckfoot on Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:54 am

How about we shorten our spawn times a little? (it can be a little too long when the server gets down to 3-4 people per team)

I had no lag today for the first time in a long time, it was nice! Good job lord saibo!
Duckfoot
Admin

Number of posts : 36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKicKer on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:19 am

misterwilton wrote:only if your name is john rambo.

and it isnt.

Dunno if u realize that RAmbo was a movie - u know like NOT real? u know like BS? u know like fiction? u know!
TheKicKer
Total god!
Total god!

Back to top Go down

Post by el_mariachi on Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:15 pm

SHUT YOUR FUCKING FACE KICKER! I SERVED WITH JOHN RAMBO IN 'NAM YOU PRAT! He was the father I never had.
el_mariachi
Clan Member

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKicKer on Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:24 pm

el_mariachi wrote:SHUT YOUR FUCKING FACE KICKER! I SERVED WITH JOHN RAMBO IN 'NAM YOU PRAT! He was the father I never had.

U bastard
TheKicKer
Total god!
Total god!

Back to top Go down

Post by misterwilton on Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:11 pm

damn! i thought john rambo was exactly as real as jesus christ.

oh hold on he is.
misterwilton
Clan Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by el_mariachi on Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:56 pm

Wilton, don't ever doubt yourself, or Rambo we were both in 'Nam with him, and that is no lie. He is as real as Fonzy, and Fonzy is real.
el_mariachi
Clan Member

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtparts on Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:09 pm

btw guys the main reason im not in is because of lag i do get on as much as i can but lags kicks me Sad if saibo can get a better server i would gladly pay montly
pvtparts
Total god!
Total god!

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2007-06-12

View user profile http://ilovemen@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spetsnaz on Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:28 am

Fonzie is gay.
spetsnaz
Clan Member

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2007-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by James on Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:28 pm

Helloooo girlsssssss

It's been a long time since I last posted, As a matter of fact, this is my first message in months.

I feld like it was more important spending time on the server than writing on the forums but now I realize that both are important for a clan

This lag thing is serious matter but I now for sure that the big bosses in the clan will take care of it. At this moment for me lag is considerable bad not as bad as on other players so this is a big advantage so far.

Well I never met rambo nor a player comparable to rambo or myself Very Happy

As loong as we'll have a J&B bottle the'll be no problem Wink

CU lads in battle
James
Clan Member

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skwod-46 on Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:18 am

Ive noticed this as well, trying to log on for a normally good game but only ever having 2 other people to play with.
I have noticed the lag issues but if you have a lag issue when theres only 5 players then that can only mean your connection is average. I have 2mb cable from a loooong way away and its sweet.

I think theres more reasons - 1.02 is getting a bit old. The 2.60b has far more players as it offers all the same play but improvements over 1.02.

i have noticed on multiple occasions your members swearing at and abusing players, kicking them when there isnt a reason, just basically power tripping. spawnkilling etc. People who want a good game dont really care for these idiots when you can simply click another server and be left to play.

There are other good servers on this patch too you know. Why not change up the map rotation or look at some of the mods that add to the gameplay?

Skwod-46
User
User

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top